- Open the draperies, pull up the shades, and let in the sunlight.
2. Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
3. Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, highlight in your decorating.
5. Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
6. Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
7. Have a family “game plan” to get the home in order in necessary.
8. Air out your home for 30 mins before showing if possible.
9. Lightly spray the house with an air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer arrives.
10. Put family photos in storage.
11. Improve traffic through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
13. Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls
14. Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
15. Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the home.
17. Wash all windows inside and out.
18. Use plants in transitional areas of your home.
19. Make the most of your attic’s potential.
20. Remove and/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires.
21. Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries attics, ect.
22. remove all smoke and pet odors.
23. Repair or replace banisters and handrails.
[ IN KITCHEN ]
24. Microwave a small dish of vanilla twenty mins before a showing and place it in an out-of-the-way place.
25. Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen with a table set for dinner.
26. The kitchen and bathroom should always be spotlessly clean.
27. Expand your counter space by removing small appliances.
[ IN THE BEDROOMS ]
28. Create a master suite effect in your decorating.
29. Depersonalize bedrooms and decorate in a neutral scheme.
30. Make sure that the beds are made and the linens are clean.
31. Organize your closets, remove unnecessary items, and put them in storage.
[ IN THE BATHROOMS ]
32. Do not leave towels around and wipe down sinks and showers after each use.
33. Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white.
34. Repair or replace broken tiles in the shower/tub.
35. Replace shower curtains and keeps them clean.
36. Put out fresh towels and decorative soaps.
[ OUTSIDE ]
37. Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times.
38. Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway and patio.
39. Remove all toys, bicycles, tools unsightly patio furniture and trash from the yard.
40. Porches, steps, verandas balconies, patios, and other extensions of the house should be kept uncluttered, swept, and in good condition.
41. Paint all entrance doors
42. Make sure all the garage doors open easily. Fix and paint the garage door if necessary.
43. Clean and shine all hardware and accessories indoors and out ( door knobs, knockers, lamps, mail box, address numbers, etc.)
44. Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned.
45. Use a new doormat.
46. Be sure the front doorbell is in good working order.
47. Be sure the front door and screen door works perfectly.